SCUA Has Upgraded Shelves!

As I wrote about in my last blog post, the department closed over the winter break to have new motors installed on our compact shelving – several kept getting stuck and they were becoming harder and harder to repair.

Now that the work is over, I thought I’d share some of the photos I took during the process.

We used the reading room to store collections we had to remove from the shelves.
The old handles were removed, seen dangling here.
After the old handles were removed the shelves were prepped for new ones.
Here you can see the shelving was removed, and the motor components are ready to be replaced.
You can see just some of the equipment and supplies needed for the project.

Thank you to all researchers for your patience while we improved our space!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s